Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 1, 11/2/2010

Taking off for the Sierra, the radio conspires to create an impromptu playlist of just the right mix of running away songs.



1)    Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd (Packing Baggage)
2)   Twilight Zone, Golden Earring (Fueling)
3)   In Your Eyes            Peter Gabriel            

Love, I get so lost, sometimes
Days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
When I want to run away
I drive off in my car
But whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are
4)   Runnin’ on Empty, Jackson Browne (stopping for $2.98/gal!)
5)   Honky Cat, Elton John 


They said, "Get back honky cat
Better get back to the woods"
Well I quit those days and my redneck ways
And, oh change is gonna do me good


6)   Highway 441 (and other lies) Big Head Todd & The Monsters
7)   I’d Runaway...
 


Critter* Count:

17 Hawks**
11 Snowy Egret ***
0 Pheasant (one can always hope!)
8 CHP/Sheriffs

*Roadkill excluded!
**Nearly 14 hawks were spotted on the ground alongside the roadway (hwy. 99, I think), it being 4:20 and all, I guess it was hawk chillout time
***Does not include the 10,000s of birds at the bird sanctuary, including many snowy egrets and 1,000s of snow geese

Stopped at Covered Bridge along the Yuba River.

No comments:

Post a Comment