Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gate to the Twilight Zone?

My friend MM and I used to look for the door to the twilight zone. You never know where you might find it. Or what it might hold in store for you...

I don't think these are the gates to the twilight zone, but you can never tell what exactly is down there. I mean, these folks have invested in quality perimeter security -- Territorial Pea Fowl. The theory is, they scream like dying babies and chase off unwanted visitors, internet bloggers and paparazzi. Here's one making the rounds now:


Actually, I think this pea hen's on the tame side, letting me get nice and close for a photo op. Word's out, Gertrude's the first in her flock of security-guard pea hens to be featured on an Internet blog. And here are the gates to heaven. Someone's heaven, just  not mine. Their heaven has a great view of the south bay, and also a wide expanse of the active cement quarry below, which spews dust and whose gravel trucks challenge cyclists. 



But they do have cool gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment